We know y’all know just how excited we’ve been to talk about this book, and today is finally the day! We sat down to talk all about American Dreamer by Adriana Herrera, an absolute bombshell of a debut novel that will leave you in a puddle of emotions and starving for Afro-Caribbean food.
Read this week’s transcript!
- 00:00 – 24:22 – Intro & Current Reads
- 24:22 – 41:22 – Discussion of American Dreamer by Adriana Herrera
- 41:22 – 44:09 – What’s Coming Up, Outro, and Outtakes
MEDIA MENTIONS FROM TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy: A Graphic Novel: A Modern Retelling of Little Women by Rey Terciero
- Parkland: Birth of a Movement by Dave Cullen
- Pulp by Robin Talley
- Can’t Escape Love by Alyssa Cole
- Peter Darling by Austin Chant
- a tempest, a cyclone, a goddamned hurricaneby Dialux
- only the water remains by sky_somedays
- If You Are Wrong (In All the Right Ways) by Chash
- shine bright by dollsome
- Drawing Water by Scribe
- American Fairytale by Adriana Herrera
- The Austen Playbook by Lucy Parker
For more information, see the About the Show page, and to get in touch with us at all our various internet hangouts, check the About the Hosts page. If you’d like to support us on Patreon, you can do that here.